Sat, Oct 26|
Join us down at the fish pond to work with Malama Huleia in eradicating invasive species.
Time & Location
Oct 26, 2019, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Menehune Fishpond, Menehune Fishpond, Hawaii 96766, USA
About the Event
- Covered Shoes or Tabis that you don’t mind getting wet and muddy (mandatory to participate)
- Clothes you don’t mind getting wet and muddy
- Sunscreen/ Sun protection/ Hat
- Reusable Water Bottle
- Towel, Change of Clothes. (you will be getting wet and dirty)
- A positive attitude and are willing to fully participate and contribute.
- Be prepared to do welcoming protocol with an ‘oli asking to enter and our staff will answer with a welcoming ‘oli giving permission to enter. If you are not comfortable giving an ‘oli, please choose a person that can stand in front of the group to introduce group, state groups intentions during visit, and ask to humbly enter. By asking for entrance, you are agreeing to be respectful, agreeing to contribute, and agreeing to follow directions while here. Please feel free to use this example:
Aloha we are (name of group)We come from the (School or Group and ‘ahupua’a or ‘ili you come from)We come here ready to learn and contribute to caring for this ‘aina.We humbly ask for permission to enter and learn about this place.
Waiver Link HERE
When approaching from the Small Boat Harbor: Cross the Puali Stream bridge, turn right on to Hulemalu Raod. Just before the road makes a big (uphill) turn take a left at 2342 Hulemalu Road on to a gravel driveway. Follow the driveway all the way in to the project site. Parking area is to your right at the end of the driveway on the mulched wood area.
We encourage visitors to go to the overlook before coming to the project site if time allows – it’s a great way to get an overview of the area where you will be working.
:: PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY WHEN YOU REACH THE DRIVEWAY ::